Transfer to Team
Athlete Transfer (120-Day Rule)
- An athlete transferring in from another USA swim team does not have to try out or wait for a spot on the team. They automatically qualify. Coach may ask the swimmer to "try-out" to asses his or her abilities.
- An athlete wishing to transfer teams/clubs who formerly swam for another USA Swimming team/club must submit a transfer form (even if the athlete swam for the club years ago).
- A 120-day period must be observed from when the swimmer last swam in competition representing their old team/club and when the swimmer can represent their new team/club in competition. During the 120-day period, the swimmer may compete as UN (unattached) and cannot swim relays.
- If you have a swimmer transferring who used to swim for another USA team/club, fill out the form below (see link) and provide $10 cash or check made out to SSSC. If the transfer occurs during the season, they do not need to fill out a USA swim form until registration is due.
- Transfers also need to fill out all new swimmer paper work. Please see the "How to Join" tab.