JOINING THE SHARKS
(Membership on the Schofield Sharks is limited to children of Active, Guard, Retiree and Reserve military members only, as it falls under the DOD Morale, Welfare and Recreation program)
1. Print and complete the New Swimmer Try-out Sheet . Bring to the swimmers first try out.
2. Try-outs are held on Thursdays at 3:00 pm at the Richardson Pool, near 25th Division Headquarters on Schofield Barracks. The swimmer must complete 25-meters Freestyle and 25-meters Backstroke.
(Since we are a developmental team, perfect swim strokes during the tryout are not necessary. Only comfort in the water, and the ability to make the distance without struggle will be evaluated.)
3. If your child is accepted to the team, they will be expected to stay and participate in the remaining swim practice that day ending at 3:45 pm. (Practice times are determined on experience level.)
4. New swimmers may participate in three free practices before a final decision to officially join the team must be made. Once the decision has been made to stay with the team, please return the following to the Booster Club Chair in charge of registration:
-Print and complete the New Swimmer Packet.
-Print and complete the USA Swimming registration form. (Registration allows the swimmer to compete in swim meets and provides insurance to cover the swimmer in the case of an emergency. USA Swimming registrations expire on December 31st of each year, regardless of when the swimmer first registered.)
-$71 USA swimming registration fee (cash or check made out to: SSSC)
-A photo copy of the swimmer's birth certificate
- Proof of Enrollment in Child & Youth Services (CYS enrollment is free and due annually.)
*Swimmers WILL NOT be allowed to participate in any practice or meet with out being registered!
5. Pool dues are $40 per month, per swimmer, and must be paid at the entrance window to the pool. Payments made after the 10th of the month will incur late fees.
6. Bring your swimmer to practice at least three days per week, and watch them improve their swimming skills as they prepare to compete!!! (see the page titled "Groups and Practices" for more information).
*Parents are not required to sit and watch their swimmer practice every day, but should be close by and available for easy contact in case there is an emergency.